Nature and Landscape Photography, Photographic Journal of Biblical and Poetic Expressions
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Flocks of White Storks Early Spring
When I saw the flock of white birds swimming in Lake Griffin, I wasn't sure what they were. They turned out to be white storks with black tip wings. I followed them around the entire lake trying to get a close up range. They were beautiful when they spread their wide wings and took flight. The birds were migrating and Lake Griffin was a stopping point for their journey.
Trees "that look at God all day"
- A poem lovely as a tree.
- A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
- Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
- A tree that looks at God all day,
- And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
- A tree that may in Summer wear
- A nest of robins in her hair;
- Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
- Who intimately lives with rain.
- Poems are made by fools like me,
- But only God can make a tree.
- by: Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)
Lake Griffin Florida
Monday, March 5, 2012
Nature's Contrast - Early Spring in Florida while Snow falls in Minnesota
These photos were taken within three days of each other. A cold wintry day in Minnesota as Azaleas are blooming in North Florida.
Snow, Ice and Frozen Lake time for fishing huts!
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Bees in Early Spring
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)